If you are someone that applies oily lotions or creams on your face to deal with dry or aging skin, then you might want to consider products made with rosehip oil. Better still, you might consider a homemade rosehip oil face cream formulation instead!
Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip seed oil is the oil of choice if you are looking for an all-around good quality skincare product. It adds moisture to the skin, helps to clear spots and other marks, acts as an antioxidant, and helps to protect the structure of proteins in the skin to help retain a youthful and beautiful glow.
Rosehip seed facial oil cream can be prepared at home with a few (lesser-known) ingredients. When complete, it will act as an anti-aging formula that also seeks to help maintain a plump, hydrated, and soft feel.
Rosehip Facial Oil Cream Recipe
- Mix 1 tablespoon of beeswax, coconut butter, and ¼ cup of sweet almond oil in a heat-resistant glass bowl.
- Put the bowl on the top of a half-filled pot of hot water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the hot water.
- Mix until the oils have melted and are thoroughly blended. Once done, remove the bowl and set aside.
- Allow the mixed oils to cool and the heat to dissipate.
- Once cool, add in 2 tablespoons of rosehip seed oil, 10 drops of vitamin E oil, and 7 drops of frankincense essential oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Now put the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – make sure to observe closely.
- The mixture needs to thicken only, not solidify. Once it has thickened, take the bowl out.
- With an electric whisk, whip the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a bottle in the fridge and apply on the face every night before bed.
There are several sources of rosehips you can try if making your own isn’t ideal for you. Companies like TeaSource, Avalon Organics, and 100% Pure offer products with rosehips as a main or supporting ingredient. This includes tea, lotions, serums, and so much more. Drink or apply these formulas for optimal potential support and optimal health each day.