Superfood juice is what every fitness freak loves to sip on after a workout session. A drink blended with the perfect ingredients filled with nutrients and packed with the energy your body needs. A superfood juice has different antioxidants and vitamins in them that provide the drinker with a refreshing treat during the spring season.
There are numerous ways to prepare a superfood juice but some recipes stand on top of the list from the rest. We did the tough part of collecting the tastiest and healthiest juice recipes for you below. The ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen cabinet and all you have to do is make the juice and drink up!
Green Superfood Juices
The juice is called a green juice for a reason. The components of the juice not only give the green color to it, but they also give the power and benefits of green plants too. It detoxifies the body of all impurities and flushes out the toxins while elevating the mood and refreshing the mind at the same time.
Check out these simple ingredients:
- 1 cup spinach.
- 2 kale leaves.
- Handful Italian parsley.
- Dandelion Greens (a bunch will suffice, though bitter in taste, dandelion greens will taste better when mixed with other ingredients).
- 1 apple.
- Half a lemon or ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 stalks of celery.
- Ice as desired.
To prepare the superfood juice, toss in all the ingredients and blend until reaching a smooth consistency. If you want a chunkier texture, pulse a few times then taste.
Below are a few fruits and vegetables that should be in your smoothie. Mix and match, or add them all in at the same time. You are free to add as much or as little to suit your taste buds. Just be wary of the sugar content of fruit and that you balance them with fibrous vegetables.
- Blueberries – Good source of antioxidants.
- Strawberries – Good source of vitamin C.
- Cucumber – Detox support for the body.
- Banana – Excellent source of potassium and a creamy texture.
- Ginger – Great for an immune system boost and digestion support.