Want to serve a tasty dessert without breaking the bank? Try these recipes that are not only budget-friendly, but also very easy to make. So get set and cook!
Almond Cherry Fudge
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
- ½ cup chopped almonds.
- ½ cup red candied cherries.
- 1 tsp almond extract.
Melt chocolate chips and milk on high heat in a microwave for 1 -2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Stir in the almonds, cherries, and almond extract. Spread the content on a greased pan. Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until it sets.
Cherry-Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4 scoops ice-cream.
- 8 chocolate covered biscuits.
- Finely chopped bittersweet chocolate.
Sandwich the ice cream between the cookies and freeze them until firm. Melt the chocolate. Dip the sandwiches in the chocolate, and freeze for five minutes.
Peach Melba Ice Pops
- 1 cup full fat vanilla yogurt.
- 1/8 tsp pure almond extract.
- 1 cup raspberries.
- 1-1/2 cup peaches (peeled and cut in chunks).
In a bowl, combine the yogurt and almond extract. In a blender, puree the raspberries and peaches separately. Keep them in different bowls.
Layer ice popsicle molds with raspberries, peaches, and yogurt. Freeze the contents and enjoy.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds.
- 1 ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Stevita liquid.
Whisk all the ingredients together. Keep it in refrigerator for a few hours and serve chilled.
Peanut butter cups
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup melted chocolate
Prepare a cupcake tin with liners. Mix peanut butter and sugar until a smooth texture forms. Spread a layer of chocolate on the cupcake liners, followed by the peanut butter mixture. Top it again with the chocolate. Refrigerate for one hour or until the cupcakes hardened.
- 1 ¼ cup yogurt of your choice
- 2 tsp liquid turmeric from Planetary Herbals
- ¼ tsp grounded ginger
- ¼ tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grounded cardamom
- Dash of black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp. maple syrup
Mix all the ingredients together to prepare a yogurt that is not only tasty but has the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. Garnish it with fresh fruits, chocolate, sesame seeds, or just a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Try these cheap and easy dessert recipes and let us know how you like it in the comments below!